All - Activity - pkchoudhary1211 - Rasa Community Forum
User Profile
Username: pkchoudhary1211
Name: Prakash Choudhary
Status: This user is suspended.
Reason: In the wrong place
Main Content
Search data in pdf files
Rasa CALM (Jul 7, 2025)
I haven’t used Rasa Pro specifically for PDF searching without an OpenAI API key, but from my experience, what usually works is extracting the text from the PDFs first using Python libraries like PyMuPDF or pdfplumber, then feeding that text into Rasa for processing.
How to create Knowledge Base Bot
Rasa Open Source (Jul 7, 2025)
Yeah, you can do that with Rasa. I’ve worked on similar projects where we pulled text out of PDFs and Word files first, then created a kind of searchable database outside of Rasa. Rasa itself doesn’t directly handle reading those file types, but you can build a pipeline to extract and index the info.
Should I use Rasa Open Source to power a no-code chatbot builder?
Rasa Open Source (Jul 7, 2025)
I’ve used Rasa a bit, and it can definitely work for what you’re trying to do, especially since it’s open source and quite flexible. The tricky part is that turning a visual flow into something Rasa understands means you’ll need to build a solid way to convert those drag-and-drop elements into intents.
RASA and web scraping
Rasa Open Source (Jun 24, 2025)
I’m working on a similar chatbot for my uni’s site, and honestly, getting answers straight from the website in real time has been the biggest headache. I tried going with a big CSV at first, but keeping it updated and matching user questions was more complicated than I expected, especially once the structure changed.
How to do human fallback handover on Chatbot UI widget?
Rasa Open Source (May 2, 2025)
I’ve used a similar setup before, and it’s definitely doable. What you’ll want is a chatbot platform that supports human handover, like Tawk.to or Intercom. They allow you to define fallback rules where the bot hands off to you via chat apps like WhatsApp or Telegram.
Developing an intelligent Conversational AI Chatbot based on a decision tree
Rasa Open Source (Apr 14, 2025)
I’ve run into similar issues when building conversational AI, and one workaround that worked for me was using dynamic slot filling combined with conditional logic. Instead of strictly following a decision tree, I set up custom validation rules that would auto-fill or skip certain slots based on prior responses.
Is it possible to send response from Database instead of template?
Rasa Open Source (Nov 14, 2019)
Is this possible to send a response to the user from the Database instead of the template? I want to store intent and action in the database. If Yes, how? I can use MongoDB or SQL.
Code Example
from rasa_sdk import Action, Tracker
from rasa_sdk.executor import CollectingDispatcher
class ActionHelloWorld(Action):
def name(self):
return "action_hello_world"
def run(self, dispatcher, tracker, domain):
intent = tracker.latest_message['intent']
# Your logic here
Resources
- For mental health datasets, check out Kaggle and UCI Machine Learning Repository.
- I’ve been using a productivity measurement tool for my time-tracking needs. It’s incredibly user-friendly and has really improved my productivity.