UserWarning: Intent 'nlu_fallback' has only 1 training examples! Minimum is 2, training may fail - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
UserWarning: Intent ‘nlu_fallback’ has only 1 training examples! Minimum is 2, training may fail
post by faiza_conte on Nov 12, 2020
how can we solve this user warning…in the rasa document there is nothing defined as we have to add nlu_fallback…if we happen to add what a user might say as a fallback then how would we know all those fallbacks?
post by Tanja on Nov 13, 2020
When exactly do you see this kind of warning? I assume you see this when training, for example, the DIETClassifier.
You don’t need to add any examples to nlu_fallback in your NLU training data. The FallbackClassifier you add to your config file does not actually train on any example. It rather checks what intent was set and what confidence was associated with it. If the confidence is below a certain threshold, which you can define in your config file, the FallbackClassifier will overwrite the intent with the default intent name nlu_fallback.
post by faiza_conte on Nov 13, 2020
Thanks…but the one that says nlu_fallback has only one training example…I add some and it starts working.
post by madanmeena on Dec 18, 2020
I am facing a similar issue on rasa 2.2.1, action_default_fallback the following rule was automated added while migrating from 1.x to 2.x
- rule: Rule to handle messages with low NLU confidence (automated conversion from 'FallbackPolicy')
steps:
- intent: nlu_fallback
- action: action_default_fallback
post by faiza_conte on Dec 18, 2020
@madanmeena…what is your issue ?
post by madanmeena on Dec 19, 2020
I am getting the same warning as you.
post by faiza_conte on Dec 19, 2020
@madanmeena…they say we are not supposed to add a training example for it, it should work just like that…but I just add some training examples for nlu_fallback and the warning just gone…just add nlu_fallback in nlu data with some training examples of what’s not related to you just 2 or 3 is enough so that the warning will disappear.
post by madanmeena on Dec 19, 2020
Yes will do that, I recently migrated from 1.x to 2.2.x, facing a lot of warning, stabilizing the model, and getting rid of them one by one.
post by kosniaz on Jan 28, 2021
This is a known bug. Also, there are duplicates of this thread in the forum, it looks like it shows up once a month or so.
post by jayb on Mar 1, 2021
I also have this issue - should we ignore it?
post by joesilverstein on Mar 2, 2021
yes: