The Callback URL or Verify Token couldn't be validated - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
The Callback URL or Verify Token couldn’t be validated
post by AbuIshak on Jun 13, 2021
I’m facing a weird problem. I have a proper setup for connecting to the Facebook channel.
- I’ve edited credential.yml as rasa docs.
- given verify token as my Facebook app name.
- expose port 5005 with ngrok.
when I want to verify callback URL it continues saying The Callback URL or Verify Token couldn’t be validated. when I click verify it doesn’t show any request in my ngrok dashboard.
but it works if I do it with a browser. sometimes chrome browser shows dangerous warning of this link https://bf199334c4ea.ngrok.io/webhooks/facebook/webhook
2021-06-13 22:00:23 WARNING rasa.core.channels.facebook - Invalid fb verify token! Make sure this matches your webhook settings on the facebook app.
What’s going on? any solve?
thanks in advance.
post by nik202 on Jun 13, 2021
@AbuIshak Hope this will solve your problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFYS6JVYNTI&t=184s
If still problem persist do message.
post by AbuIshak on Jun 14, 2021
I’ve followed all of those steps, but just stuck in.
post by AbuIshak on Jun 14, 2021
Dose this problem come from any bug’s? I’m using
- Rasa Version : 2.6.3
- Minimum Compatible Version: 2.6.0
- Rasa SDK Version : 2.6.0
- Rasa X Version : None
- Python Version : 3.8.0
- Operating System : Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0
post by AbuIshak on Jun 14, 2021
One thing, I was able to connect the Facebook channel with a brand new rasa project.
then I edit the project and retrain it and it still works. once I try to reconnect it another time, now it’s showing The Callback URL or Verify Token couldn’t be validated again.
post by nik202 on Jun 14, 2021
Can you share the error screenshot?
post by AbuIshak on Jun 15, 2021
Actually there is nothing to share. In Facebook developer page, saying could not be validated. And in commend line no responses and ngrok dashboard no request get.
post by nik202 on Jun 15, 2021
@AbuIshak To verify please type
Callback URL: https://cc5e480e9977.ngrok.io/webhooks/facebook/webhook
Verify Token: Your app name same as you mention in the credential.yml
Note: Check the commenting in the credential.yml, un-comment the code under Facebook.
For more help please see this Facebook Messenger OR What Callback URL should be for integration with FB messenger?
Hope this time it will work, I have checked and linked my bot for you, and it’s connecting.
post by AbuIshak on Jun 18, 2021
Actually, the problem is with my ngrok version. The problem solved with ngrok windows (32-bit).
post by nik202 on Jun 18, 2021
@AbuIshak Thanks its solved! I enjoyed helping your problem. I guess you got your solution.
post by jrvanjare on Dec 28, 2022
hey @AbuIshak, facing the same error can you please help me