Stuck in installation of rasa pro developer edition - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum
Stuck in installation of rasa pro developer edition
post by sekhar8 on Feb 27, 2024
I have been trying to install rasa pro version in my laptop but im not able to do that.
I read the rasa pro docs but not much understand.
If anybody tried rasa pro in windows, please help me to understand how can I install.
post by Arjaan on Feb 27, 2024
Hi @sekhar8,
I understand you’re trying to install on Windows:
- Can you tell me what version of Windows?
- Can you summarize the exact steps you took to install it in your laptop/desktop?
Screenshots or copy/paste of the output you get will help us identify the cause.
post by sekhar8 on Feb 27, 2024
hi @Arjaan, thanks for the reply
- im using windows 10 pro version
- firstly, for pip installation i didn’t find
%VIRTUAL_ENV%\pip.inias per the docs in rasa pro - Even if i created a file with the name
pip.iniand pasted the following code
[global]
extra-index-url = https://europe-west3-python.pkg.dev/rasa-releases/rasa-plus-py/simple/
and I got error as shown in the screenshot I have added with this reply.
Thank you looking forward to here from you
post by abrehmaaan on Mar 1, 2024
Hi @Arjaan, I am also trying to install rasa plus for trying Rasa CALM developer edition. I am using this documentation, Python Environment, followed each and every step, but still facing this error:
Getting requirements to build wheel ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [26 lines of output]
running egg_info
writing rasa_plus.egg-info\PKG-INFO
writing dependency_links to rasa_plus.egg-info\dependency_links.txt
writing top-level names to rasa_plus.egg-info\top_level.txt
reading manifest file 'rasa_plus.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
writing manifest file 'rasa_plus.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Expertflow\Rasa Bots\venv\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 353, in <module>
main()
File "D:\Expertflow\Rasa Bots\venv\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 335, in main
json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "D:\Expertflow\Rasa Bots\venv\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 118, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return hook(config_settings)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\abdul\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-av7qazfy\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 325, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
File "C:\Users\abdul\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-av7qazfy\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 295, in _get_build_requires
self.run_setup()
File "C:\Users\abdul\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-av7qazfy\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 487, in run_setup
super().run_setup(setup_script=setup_script)
File "C:\Users\abdul\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-av7qazfy\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 311, in run_setup
exec(code, locals())
RuntimeError: You are installing rasa-plus from pypi.org, which will not work. Please make sure you are properly authenticated and installing from the Rasa python package registry.
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
Can you please help with this?
post by jtrasa on Mar 1, 2024
Hello Abdul,
There are some older versions of Rasa Plus (0.3, 0.4, …) on pypi, so this is a good indicator that your configuration isn’t seeing the pip.ini file you created with the extra-index-url.
An equivalent method that may work better for you is to supply the extra index on the command line, like this:
pip install --extra-index-url https://europe-west3-python.pkg.dev/rasa-releases/rasa-plus-py/simple "rasa-plus~=3.7.6"
post by abrehmaaan on Mar 1, 2024
Hey @jtrasa Thanks for the help, I tried it but still faced the same error.
post by abrehmaaan on Mar 1, 2024
I fixed the error by downgrading Python to version 3.10.11, I was using version 3.12.2 before, and installed rasa plus version 3.7.8 using this command:
pip install --extra-index-url https://europe-west3-python.pkg.dev/rasa-releases/rasa-plus-py/simple "rasa-plus~=3.7.8"
post by fprojetto on Mar 6, 2024
Same issue here ! solved in the same way.
post by sekhar8 on Mar 27, 2024
hi,
can you tell me how you gave the developer key ?
post by fprojetto on Mar 27, 2024
Hi, sure! Setting the environment variable as per documentation.
export RASA_PRO_LICENSE=<your-license-string>
reference: Licensing
post by sekhar8 on Mar 27, 2024
hi
thanks for the reply.
solved it in running below command in cmd
set RASA_PRO_LICENSE=<your-license-string>
post by sumanth on Apr 30, 2024
I tried rasa, it was great and I am planning to make investment on rasa pro. I tried to install rasa pro on mac. I get the error " Downloading pymilvus-2.3.7-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (4.4 kB) Downloading pymilvus-2.3.6-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (4.4 kB)
Collecting opentelemetry-proto==1.15.0 (from opentelemetry-exporter-otlp-proto-grpc==1.15.0->opentelemetry-exporter-otlp<1.16.0,>=1.15.0->rasa-pro) Downloading opentelemetry_proto-1.15.0-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (2.2 kB)
ERROR: Exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py”, line 180, in exc_logging_wrapper status = run_func(*args) File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py”, line 245, in wrapper return func(self, options, args) File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py”, line 377, in run requirement_set = resolver.resolve( File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/resolver.py”, line 95, in resolve result = self._result = resolver.resolve( File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py”, line 546, in resolve state = resolution.resolve(requirements, max_rounds=max_rounds) File “/Users/venkatasumanth.k/RASA/myenv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py”, line 457, in resolve raise ResolutionTooDeep(max_rounds) pip._vendor.resolvelib.resolvers.ResolutionTooDeep: 200000 "
post by jtrasa on Apr 30, 2024
Thanks for sharing the stack trace. What was the install command you used?
post by sumanth on Apr 30, 2024
pip install rasa-pro and all the env variables are set properly
post by jtrasa on May 1, 2024
Here’s an install command that works for me:
uv pip install -vv --extra-index-url https://europe-west3-python.pkg.dev/rasa-releases/rasa-pro-python/simple 'rasa-pro==3.8.4'
Just for reference, installation instructions are available on https://docs.rasa.com/.
post by sumanth on May 1, 2024
Rasa support team,
Is Mac ARM64 a supported platform for RASA? I used the exact command as described in the documentation.
I am a prospect for the RASA Pro Enterprise version. I have tested RASA for my use cases, but I need to verify RASA Pro. This issue is a dealbreaker.
pip install -vv --extra-index-url https://europe-west3-python.pkg.dev/rasa-releases/rasa-pro-python/simple ‘rasa-pro==3.8.4’ I get the same error.
post by sumanth on May 2, 2024
John,
I tried your command. I still have the same issue.
post by l2nguyen on May 3, 2024
Is Mac ARM64 a supported platform for RASA?
Yep, it’s supported. Installation works fine for me on my M3 Mac.
Did you upgrade pip before installing rasa pro? pip install -U pip
post by Raphael on Jun 5, 2024
Hi, When i tried this i got an syntaxerror: >export RASA_PRO_LICENSE=<eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJqdGkiOiI0N2QwNzlmYy1kY2FiLTRiMGItYjE4Yy1mMzJlOTQ0ODQ4MDAiLCJpYXQiOjE3MTc0ODkwODYsIm5iZiI6MTcxNzQ4OTA4Miwic2NvcGUiOiJyYXNhOnBybyByYXNhOnBybzpjaGFtcGlvbiIsImV4cCI6MTgxMjA5NzA4MiwiZW1haWwiOiJyYXJhLmtvZXBwZW5AZ21haWwuY29tIiwiY29tcGFueSI6IlJhc2EgQ2hhbXBpb25zIn0.zYBobGeDTXKZ_e9r8RGajXArxro2up9oQg2ULlEKcBLxhcF_HZdsgW5y60e5SAJwQShsGhPoGQOm_jpwKi5kvNyl5gQStroU_BNZq0QtLknY39ZVvE7U4x84J2-3XithBErVk3nyuhyvPmoZkxVig5OPokMhYLKXUOtMzM6aRiXyqhs7T9hizuoxHasHhe2p9mbXE62ZijdI5slfltrhIV7-dtj5zm-_nQULIMgjZjlqskLDVTj4Orlu9Eypss2H4GS5mjroEnJ70kj-6rIfqMl10bTeomep9WKq_KFI8np5UXAk8PSD4ViXqSqQY_Hw84PyZK7lZRp-TR4n6pBMtw> Syntexror.
How can i fix this? The setup worked well.
post by l2nguyen on Jun 5, 2024
@Raphael
You need to remove the bracket <>` on either ends of your rasa pro license. I would recommend replacing them with quotes so like this:
export RASA_PRO_LICENSE="eyJ..rest-of-license...tw"
For the future, you should not post your full rasa-pro license in the forum.
post by Raphael on Jun 5, 2024
First of all thank you. Secondly I didn’t know that. I’ve only been using this since today. But thank you for the tip. Now I have another problem: When I enter rasa train I get the error: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘config.yml’.