Solution for dependency parsing in entity extraction - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum
Solution for dependency parsing in entity extraction
post by JialiuXu on Apr 27, 2020
Hi, here I got a tricky issue on entity extraction, let’s say we have a statement:
“I’m short tempered and frustrated with my partner who is suffering from lack of motivation and started to drink again”
In this sentence there are two people being mentioned: “I” with entities “short tempered”, “my partner” with entities “lack of motivation”, “started to drink again”.
So currently I can only train a custom CRF to pick up these entities but can’t tell which entity is related to “me" and which entity is related to “my partner”, I did some research and I reckon spacy dependency parsing can be helpful in this situation, but I am not sure if it’s the best way, just want to see if you guys have any idea on how to solve this problem?
Thanks, Patrick
post by saurabh-m523 on Apr 28, 2020
Hi @JialiuXu!
You could try the new entity roles and see if it helps you.
post by JialiuXu on Apr 28, 2020
Thanks, that’s awesome!
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Using dependency parsing for role assignments | 8 | 1.9k | Jun 2019 |
| Relation Extraction (between entities) | 2 | 1.5k | Sep 2023 |
| Extract Long Multi-word Entities | 7 | 1.9k | Jul 2020 |
| SpacyEntityExtractor is not extracting | 0 | 102 | Apr 2024 |
| How entity extractor work | 2 | 449 | May 2020 |