Should I annotate all examples in my dataset? - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
Should I annotate all examples in my dataset?
post by OctaM on Jul 2, 2021
I’m building a bot and try to extract entities for how many push-ups someone has done in a day.
If I have in my dataset:
- monday 2
- tuesday 2
Should I annotate ‘2’ in both examples?
post by kedz on Jul 2, 2021
Yes you should annotate all examples in your training data if you are going to use a machine learning based entity extractor (like DIET).
Alternatively, you could use the regex entity extractor to specify a pattern to look for. If you use this approach, per the docs you would only need to annotate two training examples:
you do need at least two annotated examples of the entity so that the NLU model can register it as an entity at training time.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Lookup Entity Extractor | 3 | 673 | Jul 2020 |
| Rasa regex | 5 | 727 | Feb 2022 |
| How to use regex patterns for entity recognition? | 4 | 5.4k | Dec 2022 |
| Entity extraction regexentityextractoe | 5 | 381 | Dec 2020 |
| Do we have to include all examples of an entity while training the NLU Model? | 3 | 157 | Jun 2020 |