Sending additional data to RASA server in REST request - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum

Sending additional data to Rasa server in REST request

post by Jahanzeb32 on Sep 10, 2024

Hi everybody!
I am trying to send and access additional data aside from a text message to RASA via a REST call but am unable to do so. The following is the usual request body for sending and receiving text messages:

{
  "sender": "default",
  "message": "hi"
}

I want to send some and retrieve some extra data and have tried the following request body.

{
  "sender": "default",
  "message": "custom payload",
  "data": {
    "someData": "some data"
  }
}

I tried to find it in the tracker object but have not found it.

So far I have failed. Is there a way to achieve this or is this a limitation currently?
Thank you for your time.

post by stephens on Sep 19, 2024

You can supply metadata on the rest call and then retrieve that in action_session_start. There’s an example of this here.

To supply the metadata via REST, here’s an example payload:

{
  "sender": "test_user", // sender ID of the user sending the message
  "message": "Hi there!",
  "metadata": {
    "username": "stephens",
    "postal-code": "71083",
    "city": "Herrenberg"
  }
}