Send metadata to front-end - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

Send metadata to front-end

post by humcasma on May 4, 2021

I need to send a metadata dictionary to the front-end (Botfront’s webchat) via the websocket channel. I have tried dispatcher.utter_message(text='...', metadata={...}), but it does not work. However, I do not know whether the problem is Rasa is not sending the metadata or the front-end is not interpreting it the right way. So… can I send metadata that way? If not, how can I do it? Thanks!

421 views

post by humcasma on May 13, 2021

Anyone?

post by stephens on May 13, 2021

You can watch the socket xfer in the chrome browser inspect screen to confirm that the metadata is being sent to the client.

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Is possible to pass the value of slots in rasa official script in the html page? 17 749 Feb 2022
Sending custom data from webapp to rasa 10 1.3k Sep 2021
Metadata is not included in Message for socketio channel 2 878 Jul 2022
How to send metadata (extra info) in Restful api bot response (bot side)? 6 2.0k Nov 2019
Connection of custom data (from botfront rasa-webchat) to rasa custom action (customs.py) 2 945 Jun 2022