Running separate core and nlu - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
Running separate core and nlu
post by IzidoroBaltazar on Sep 9, 2019
Hi all,
In older rasa 0.14 core and nlu were separated. I was running them separately.
In newer rasa 1.2.2 or 1.3.0 can I run separate rasa nlu and rasa core? I can run nlu with switch --enable-api and supply rasa with nlu model only. However when I start core with core only model no nlu processing takes place. Even though my endpoints.yaml contains nlu tag.
nlu:
url: localhost:5005
my nlu start command:
rasa run --enable-api --model models/nlu-20190909-0955.tar.gz --endpoints configuration/endpoints.yml --debug
my core start command:
rasa run --endpoints configuration/endpoints.yml -p 5010 --credentials configuration/credentials.yml --model models/core-20190909-084306.tar.gz --debug --enable-api
following curl to core does not trigger call to nlu:
curl -XPOST http://localhost:5010/conversations/default/messages -d '{"text": "Hello!", "sender": "user" }'
nlu seems to be working fine as following cmd works:
curl http://localhost:5005/model/parse -d '{"text":"hello"}'
How can I run separately rasa nlu and rasa core?
Thank you.
post by erohmensing on Sep 11, 2019
Why do you want to run them separately?
post by IzidoroBaltazar on Sep 11, 2019
We would like to use our own NLU and use rasa core for dialogue driving. As POC I’m trying to separate them. For the time being I’m working with rasa NLU and rasa core. We are curious whether we can use only rasa core in the future?
post by erohmensing on Sep 11, 2019
You can definitely only use core and only use NLU. However if you use them both, you should be using them both in the combined model/server sense, not separately.
post by IzidoroBaltazar on Sep 11, 2019
So this piece of configuration in endpoints.yml is only legacy from rasa 0.14? It seems to be ignored. I’m not getting any calls on NLU server if I load only core model into rasa.
post by Cekir on Apr 8, 2021
Hi, The following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMGgT4lgI28 suggests to use 2 NLU servers for single core server. I am assuming then, that they should be run separately. Am I missing something?
post by erohmensing on Apr 9, 2021
Hi @Cekir, if you want to have a bot that runs multiple NLU models, that is the suggested way to do it. If you only need one NLU model, we recommend running them in one single rasa model instead of running the two servers separately.