RASA Pro - Special plans for agencies? - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum

RASA Pro - Special plans for agencies?

post by God_el on Oct 31, 2024

Hey There!

Returning to Rasa after a couple of year and things have changed quite a bit. Apologies in advance if these questions have been asked. I was an advanced RASA open-source user a couple of years ago and my product was entirely build on Rasa backend.

Fast forward to now, I run an agency specializing in chatbot development. I get a lot of requests to write a wrapper over OpenAI’s API. The customers specifically ask this because they can edit the prompts later on and therefore avoid any lock-in with. me.

I however, convince them about the rising OpenAI bills and not having control over the business flow and guide them towards having a RASA open-source bot (NLU and NLG using OpenAI API).

I realize RASA pro makes it much easier (Though I have to spend time now to understand how CALM works) but its hidden behind a license.

My question is, “How can I get a RASA pro - CALM for each of my customer’s working long enough for them to realize they are actually saving money compared to using barebones OPENAI - API”

I don’t think I can make them create an account and ask them to share their license. They resist any work of that kind. Will a single node-locked RASApro calm license scale? I don’t mind a cap on the number of conversations. I would want a setup where RASA pro deployment can handle high bandwidth communication. Isn’t $36000 a bit steep? Is there a linear scale of pricing where small businesses can afford? Say 1000 conversations p.m.

Kindly suggest how can I get this going.

P.S I do a lot of convincing on behalf of RASA since I was a fanboy in the past. Its tough to let go of the ecosystem since I started my chatbot journey with RASA.

post by souvikg10 on Nov 4, 2024

Hey @God_el,
Glad to have you back and try out Rasa CALM.

There is a free developer license that lets you try out CALM or build with CALM locally - developer license request.

And you can then request an extended server license up to certain number of conversations per month.

post by God_el on Nov 4, 2024

Thanks Souvik,

Are the partnership programs active? Do you have an eligibility criteria for white labeling agencies??

post by diegors95 on Apr 23, 2025

I came across your post from October 2024 where you talked about running a chatbot agency and facing challenges with Rasa Pro and CALM pricing when working with small businesses. I’m in a very similar situation now — trying to offer WhatsApp assistants for beauty salons in Latin America, and I love the potential of CALM, but the pricing model makes it hard to scale.

I was wondering if you ever found a solution or workaround? Did Rasa offer any kind of scalable licensing or partner-friendly option that worked for your agency?

Would really appreciate hearing how things turned out on your side. Thanks in advance!

post by God_el on Apr 24, 2025

Hey @diegors95,
I have no update on this. Still the same situation. A better pricing tier would definitely benefit us. Hope Rasa is listening.

post by m_ashurkina on Apr 30, 2025

Hi @God_el

Thank you for your question.

Rasa has active reseller, referral, and OEM partner programs, including white labeling. We also have adjusted pricing for LATAM and Asia Emerging markets. The eligibility criteria for white labeling are:

Please message me directly if you want to discuss this further.

post by God_el on May 1, 2025

@m_ashurkina, That is awesome. I will DM you to continue this conversation.