Rasa Installation On Windows 10 - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

Learn more here →

Rasa Installation On Windows 10

You have selected 0 posts.

post by bibin765 on Oct 23, 2019

We can use this thread to address the problems faced in Installation on windows 10…

The problems I faced while installing are:

  1. httptools packageNotFound Error - resolve this by installing httptools separately using pip install httptools. While trying this, Visual C++ 14 is a needed requirement which will be shown, so it should be installed first. Standalone build tools are available on the Microsoft Website which may take around 1.5GB.

post by ak19 on Oct 23, 2019

Hi bibin, I will share how I can install on a Windows 8 machine without any huddles.

  1. First install Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2015 by the following link: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center
  2. Install Anaconda3 for Windows from its sites.
  3. Then create a virtual Python environment and activate the created virtual environment.
  4. Now install Rasa and Rasa X by following Rasa docs for installation in that created Python environment.
  5. During installation httptools package not found error will come. Then install by following command:
    conda install -c conda-forge httptools
    
  6. Then you can create Rasa projects.

Hope this may help you.

post by JiteshGaikwad on Oct 24, 2019

Hey @bibin765, check this video it may help you! https://youtu.be/IAb8Ei7dQjc

post by bibin765 on Oct 24, 2019

yes this one actually helped… thanks buddy

post by JiteshGaikwad on Oct 24, 2019

welcome!

post by masoom on May 5, 2022

I’m not able to install Rasa. It’s throwing an error every time I’m trying to run pip3 install rasa. How can I fix this?

The Error:

pip3 install rasa

Error message content...

ERROR: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
...
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

post by barnaul on May 9, 2022

I had a strange problem installing the compiler.