Rasa Clam Tutorial Can Not connect openai with vpn proxy - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

Rasa Clam Tutorial Can Not connect openai with vpn proxy

You have selected 0 posts.

274 views
1 link

post by kanghua309 on Aug 27, 2024

When using Rasa Pro to experiment with the CLAM tutorial, I found that I couldn’t connect to OpenAI after setting up the VPN. The error was as follows. However, when I run a separate test program for OpenAI, it successfully connects through the proxy! please help me !

2024-08-27 15:33:41 ERROR rasa.dialogue_understanding.generator.flow_retrieval - [error] Cannot fetch flows from vector store error=APIConnectionError(message=‘Error communicating with OpenAI’, http_status=None, request_id=None) error_type=APIConnectionError event_key=flow_retrieval.query_vector_store.error query=?

post by jtrasa on Aug 27, 2024

We’re glad to see you trying the tutorial! Can you share the contents of your config.yml and details of your VPN configuration?

post by kanghua309 on Aug 27, 2024

my config.yml is :


(rasa_clam) king@bogon rasa-clam-test % cat config.yml
recipe: default.v1
language: en
pipeline:
- name: SingleStepLLMCommandGenerator
  llm:
    model_name: gpt-4
  flow_retrieval:
    active: true
policies:
- name: FlowPolicy
  assistant_id: 20240827-150843-aquamarine-delta

my vpn is clash verge, use “globle mode” and “system proxy”

export https_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:7897
http_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:7897
all_proxy=socks5://127.0.0.1:7897

It should not be a VPN issue because the example program I wrote can access OpenAI without any problems.

thank you

post by kanghua309 on Aug 29, 2024

I figured it out. Rasa Pro uses OpenAI SDK 0.28, and based on the code, its asynchronous interface does not support proxies set via environment variables; proxies can only be configured through openai.proxy. I hope that Rasa Pro Clam can support proxy configuration settings.

post by GlewShrake on Nov 19, 2024

I had a similar issue when I was setting up an AI project using a VPN, and it messed with my connection to OpenAI too. What ended up working for me was switching to residential proxies. They tend to be more seamless with setups involving APIs and connections that require consistent IPs because they use real user IPs, which makes them look just like regular traffic. I actually used proxies from Proxidize, and they did the trick. Once I integrated them, the connection stabilized, and I didn’t see those API connection errors anymore.

post by Nali on Feb 11, 2025

Hi! Where can it be configured? Is it endpoints.yaml or config.yaml or something different?