Problem running rasa with ssl-certificate - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
Problem running rasa with ssl-certificate
You have selected 0 posts.
3.1k views 3 links
post by akanksha on Nov 28, 2019
Hi, I am trying to run rasa using command
rasa run --ssl-certificate myssl.crt --ssl-keyfile myssl.key --ssl-password mypassword
I am passing the certificate and key along with password to this command but I am getting an error
rasa run: error: invalid choice: ‘rasassl.crt’ (choose from ‘actions’)
I am using the latest version downloaded from GitHub.
post by Gehova on Nov 28, 2019
Is it a self-signed certificate?
post by akanksha on Dec 8, 2019
@Gehova yes it is a self-signed certificate. Is it because of that? If I pass it the other one will it work?
post by Gehova on Dec 9, 2019
For what channel? Does it have documentation for self-signed certificates?
For example, telegram has it in its webhook guide:
post by akanksha on Dec 10, 2019
@Gehova I am using REST channel for accessing rasa
I am trying to run rasa using command-
rasa run -m models --enable-api --endpoints endpoints.yml -p 5005 --ssl-certificate myssl.crt --ssl-keyfile myssl.key --ssl-password mypassword
post by Gehova on Dec 13, 2019
Try a pem certificate created like:
openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -sha256 -nodes -keyout <mykey>.key -x509 -days 365 -out <mycertificate>.pem -subj "/C=<Country>/ST=<State>/L=<City>/O=<Organization>/CN=<Your IP>"
And try running rasa with the following command:
rasa run --log-file out.log --ssl-certificate <mycertificate>.pem --ssl-keyfile <mykey>.key --port 443
Port 443 is the default for https. I’m not sure how to handle the REST channel because, according to the documentation, it doesn’t require credentials.
post by rajeshpolaki on Apr 11, 2021
HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint ‘http://:5005/conversations/default/respond’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS. I installed rasa server in Ubuntu it is working fine locally. When I hosted it on HTTPS server it is giving
Fixing mixed content
post by rashmi_49 on Apr 26, 2021
@rajeshpolaki you got any solution for it? I’m facing the same issue. Please let me know if you come up with any solution. Thanks.
post by rajeshpolaki on Apr 26, 2021
@rashmi_49 I installed another server in which I configured the SSL certificate and through reverse proxy I configured, and errors are not coming.
post by rajeshpolaki on Apr 26, 2021
Socket URL to be changed to https://ipaddress, then it may resolve your problem.
post by rashmi_49 on Apr 27, 2021
@rajeshpolaki Can you help me understand about this other server? And how did you configure the SSL certificate?
post by rajeshpolaki on Apr 27, 2021
@rashmi_49 Hi, can you share your configuration? I mean Rasa version and OS, are you using any Apache server or using Nginx? Let me know so that I can guide you in fixing the bug. If possible, share the screenshot of how you are running.
Rasa run command: --enable_api & --cors “*” Let me know if any issues feel free to ask and I will do my level best to fix the bug.
post by rashmi_49 on Apr 28, 2021
@rajeshpolaki Sorry for that, Yeah, so I’m using the latest Rasa Version: 2.2.5, Rasa SDK Version: 2.2.0, Rasa X Version: 0.35.0, Python Version: 3.8.5, Operating system: ubuntu 18.04, And I’ve deployed my chatbot on a local server and used command for running the rasa server:
rasa run --model models --enable-api --cors “*” --debug
And for the action server I’m using:
rasa run actions --actions actions -vv
Also, I have connected my chatbot to a website by using the IP of my local server in the index.html of the front end. Now the issue I’m facing is that the website to which the chatbot is connected is using SSL and I didn’t know at the time that rasa doesn’t support HTTPS request. So after shutting the SSL at that webpage, we are able to get the response from the bot because the request is not being blocked at rasa server. What I want to do is somehow I want to add SSL functionality at the rasa server end for which I thought I should use Nginx, and I followed the steps of this blog Insights but got no clarity on how to set a domain name and what to do next to achieve a way for reverse proxy and configure SSL in rasa chatbot. It will be very helpful if you can help me. Sorry that I cannot share my code for some policy reasons, but I’m trying to explain my problem as simply as I can. Thanks for helping.