Integrate Rasa bot with microsoft teams - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum

Integrate Rasa bot with Microsoft Teams

post by ragavendrach13 on Sep 3, 2019

Hi,

We are working on a proof of concept of integrating Rasa with Microsoft teams. I searched for the documentation on the below site, but it did not mention about Microsoft teams. Need your help on this.

post by msamogh on Sep 4, 2019

You can do so using the BotFramework connector - Microsoft Bot Framework

post by Vighnesh on Oct 15, 2019

Hi @msamogh, can you give a detailed explanation on how to integrate rasa with Microsoft teams as I am a fresher to this area!!! Thanks

post by Jones on Oct 25, 2019

@msamogh

post by souvikg10 on Oct 25, 2019

This thread might answer your question.

post by Jones on Oct 31, 2019

Not really. I don't want to use Azure web bot service. Is it the only option?

post by kumaramitsrivastava on Mar 5, 2020

Hi Jones,

Did you figure this out? I would also like to use MS Teams for Rasa and deploy on AWS.

post by glaulom on Mar 5, 2020

Hi @Jones & @kumaramitsrivastava,

I’ve deployed couple bots on microsoft Teams, the first one was tricky and Microsoft showed us the way to do it.

The trick we used is to create a package Teams and select “CreateBot” (the easiest way is with App Studio creation, but you can also do it with a XML file). Once you have created the app, it creates an App ID and a secret key which you need to specify in your credentials.yml.

Moreover Teams requires (or maybe it’s due to our company conf) an HTTPS links, so you need to secure your server with SSL.

post by Er_Strange on Mar 5, 2020

Do we need to register the rasa bot with Bot framework? Can we deploy this without using Azure server and subscriptions, provided we already have Public IP address?

post by glaulom on Mar 5, 2020

What do you mean by “Register the rasa bot with bot framework ?”

You don’t need to host your server on azure as they only ask for an endpoint (https one) in the Team App Creation process, but you might have to have a subscription though, that I can’t say for sure.

post by Jones on Mar 6, 2020

@glaulom so do we need any kind of account (Azure, Bot Service, …)?

post by glaulom on Mar 6, 2020

To be more precise, the process I have described has been done in a Company Owned MS Tenant on which you need admin rights.

I don’t know if it applies to any other configuration (no tenant, no account… etc).

post by amir on Apr 3, 2020

@glaulom thanks for your support, I managed to connect ms teams with rasa webhook, I have used app studio and create an App, download the zip and upload via custom app, but I am getting botframework token error, how can I get this.

post by amir on Apr 3, 2020

works for me now! ❤️😄, I used bot id instead of app id and the same password.

post by vishu1994 on Apr 5, 2020

Hey, I also got the same error, can you help me out, like how did you solve it?

post by hoanguyen on Apr 6, 2020

Did you change the botframework: app_id: "" app_password: "" into botframework: bot_id: "" app_password: "" or something else ?

post by amir on Apr 10, 2020

No, only I changed the values of with app_id: “put your bot I’d”, app_password: “app password”, I think passwords are same for app and bot.

post by srilekhahota on May 17, 2020

Can we integrate Rasa bot with microsoft teams without Admin credentials and Azure account?

post by Edukondalu on Jun 15, 2020

Hi Souvik,

I am getting the below issue in my rasa server … FYI I am doing configuration on azure…

sanic.exceptions.MethodNotSupported: Method GET not allowed for URL /webhooks/botframework/webhook

post by nchauras on Jun 16, 2020

The reason you are getting this error is that the endpoint only allows the POST method. It also means your Rasa server has botframework endpoint enabled.

Check if rasa server has botframework enabled (Method: GET, or simply hit the URL in your browser):

Rasa Endpoint: https://{hostname/ip}/webhooks/botframework

Rasa X Endpoint: https://{hostname/ip}/core/webhooks/botframework

Response: {"status":"ok"}

Botframework webhook URL to interact with Rasa server or to set in the Azure (Method: POST):

If you want to test the endpoint manually, use the body {"message" : "Testing botframework endpoint", "sender": "username"} for the POST method, and it should return you success with status code 200 OK.

post by Edukondalu on Jul 1, 2020

Thanks for the response. Whatever you have given tested and in the browser as well as in POSTMAN the status success and code 200.

Next, I was typing my questions in teams, but there is no response.

post by nchauras on Jul 1, 2020

Could you please paste the leading and trailing logs? The error says that the postdata dictionary is missing key ‘type’.

You could try using Microsoft Bot Emulator first before integrating it with MS Teams. That way you should be able to get logs on the other side of it.

Also, check if you have set up appropriate API permissions.

post by Edukondalu on Jul 7, 2020

Thanks for your reply, where do we need to set API permissions in azure? Could you please provide screenshots for setup API for permission? It is working perfectly fine for ngrok on localhost. When I deployed into Cloud then I am not getting any response and no error in rasa server logs. Webhook API is not allowing rasa server(cloud) application due to organization domain.

post by nchauras on Jul 7, 2020

The permissions are set up in Azure.

If it is working on your local + ngrok setup, the issue is not there on rasa. It is more of a network firewall related issue. Check if the pings are successful between the servers.

post by Yash_kals on Oct 8, 2020

Where do I get the app password in the Azure portal?

post by vsatyav007 on Oct 27, 2020

Hi @nchauras, I was able to work with Microsoft teams when I made the bot available in every domain. But if I wanted my bot to be available only to my office domain, what permissions should I add?

post by shirnim on Dec 30, 2020

Hi Nitin,

Do you know a way to get the MS Teams credentials in the Rasa actions so that I can do some user-specific actions?

post by uuu789 on Mar 1, 2022

Hello, did you find a solution to this?

post by dumparun on Jan 29, 2023

Bot id should be used instead of teams app id. I also did the same mistake and wasted a lot of time trying to fix authorization error.

post by Marianagb on Aug 14, 2023

What to add in the bot handle when I try to register a new bot with Microsoft Bot Framework? If our chatbot is currently being deployed through AWS and it is not registered in the Azure AI Bot Service?

post by Diwakaran on Sep 8, 2023

I would like to connect my Rasa chatbot with Azure bot service, I have used ngrok to expose my rasa server which is running in localhost 5005, I'm getting the response in Postman while checking the forwarded link that ngrok provides.