I'll make a guide/tutorial on the RulePolicy. What should I include? - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum
I’ll make a guide/tutorial on the RulePolicy. What should I include?
Hi all.
My name is Vincent. I’m part of the devrel team and I’ll be making some extra content on this topic. I’ve already made a video on the idea behind the RulePolicy from the ML perspective but I’ll work on making a proper blog post/guide on rules too. I’ll also create a git repo that contains a full example of how rules interact with forms.
I want to make sure that I answer the questions that most folks are facing. So feel free to ask away below and I’ll use it as inspiration for content.
post by RGK on Nov 23, 2020
Hello,
for me the basics of the rules were relatively simple. As I started with forms, it got more difficult. I think your example should include a form with:
- happy path if all data is correct
- unhappy path if the user utters (“stop”, “break”, “abort”)
- unhappy path and stop the form if the user utters chitchat three times
- handle digressions if the user asks for more information about a specific slot
post by koaning on Nov 27, 2020
I’m nearly done with the first blog post that should help explain “why” rules were introduced. I’ll make another blog post that explains how to use rules together with forms.
post by koaning on Dec 2, 2020
The first guide can be found here. It helps explain why the RulePolicy got created and what role it has.
post by humcasma on Jan 20, 2021
For me the most tricky part is also the interaction between forms and rules. Things that I would love to see, not just implemented, but also explained:
- How can a form be deactivated with a rule?
- How can a form be deactivated within the code of a custom validation action?
- How can we interrupt a form, do something else (both handling some chitchat and executing a second form) and come back to the original form? What is the role of/ How to use
ActionExecutionRejectedandLoopInterruptedevents? - When does the value of
active_loopchange? How to reflect this in rules?
post by koaning on Jan 21, 2021
It’s added on my todo-list for this quarter to create 1 (maybe 2) examples that demonstrate exactly this.
Thanks for the feedback!