How to Stop Bot's Default Follow-Up Question After Initial Response? - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

How to Stop Bot’s Default Follow-Up Question After Initial Response?

post by dauvannam1804 on Jul 30, 2024

Hi everyone,

I’m following the Building Assistants: Bot Starts Conversation guide on Rasa Pro. My bot responds correctly but then asks “How else can I help you?” right after and i don’t want bot to behave like that.

Here is the flow and the response:


image1108×218 35.7 KB](https://europe1.discourse-cdn.com/flex013/uploads/rasa/original/3X/7/3/7358875fbfd5794a054541198af1fa8fb5719ed1.png "image")

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

post by jtrasa on Jul 30, 2024

What you’re seeing is a pattern, specifically pattern_completed. It runs automatically when a flow completes.

One easy way to remove the follow up question is to customize utterance utter_can_do_something_else to say nothing, like this:

# add this to your domain.yml
version: "3.1"
responses:
  utter_can_do_something_else:
    - text: ""

post by dauvannam1804 on Jul 31, 2024

Thank you for the response but I want to disable the default pattern_completed only for this specific flow, but keep it enabled for other flows. How can I achieve this?

post by l2nguyen on Jul 31, 2024

You can modify your pattern_completed so that it does not happen after certain flows. See example below:

flows:
  pattern_completed:
    description:  a flow has been completed and there is nothing else to be done
    steps:
      - noop:
        next:
          - if: context.previous_flow_name == 'start_conversation' or context.previous_flow_name == 'another_flow'
            then:
              - action: action_cancel_flow
                next: END
          - else:
            - action: utter_can_do_something_else
              next: END

post by dauvannam1804 on Jul 31, 2024

I have modified the pattern_completed as shown in the example and retrained the model, but the bot still responds the same way.