How to get Entities in Docker compose? - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

How to get Entities in Docker compose?

post by andres on Aug 26, 2020

Hi everyone, to get entities via API I’m using locally this endpoint and works fine : http://localhost:5005/model/parse

but In Docker Composer I can’t find the parse endopint, I tried:

http://localhost:5005/model/parse/webhooks/rest/webhook http://localhost:5005/webhooks/rest/webhook/model/parse

but the endpoint can’t be found NotFound(“Requested URL {} not found”.format(url)

I’m following the documentation, but I don’t know how to get the entities https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/1.10.11/user-guide/docker/deploying-in-docker-compose/

how can I get the entities in Docker Composer? which is the parse endpoint?

thanks

post by niveK on Aug 26, 2020

You likely need to run the server with: rasa run --enable-api the option will open up the other routes; I believe by default the rasa server will just do rasa run with no options.

post by andres on Aug 26, 2020

as you suggested, I included rasa run --enable-api in the docker-compose.yml file, but then, docker-compose up returns this error:

rasa_1 | rasa: error: invalid choice: ‘run --enable-api’ (choose from ‘init’, ‘run’, ‘shell’, ‘train’, ‘interactive’, ‘test’, ‘visualize’, ‘data’, ‘export’, ‘x’)

post by wladneto on Nov 3, 2020

I have the same question. I add --enable-api in command X at docker-compose.yml but the endpoint doesn´t work:

{{url}}/api/model/parse

post by andres on Nov 3, 2020

Hi, as alternative, I deployed the rasa-api in kubernetes (aws-eks) by using the Cortex platform ( https://docs.cortex.dev/) and worked fine.

This is a deploy example: rasa-tools/rasa-deploy-with-Cortex-kubernetes-aws-eks at master · andres-gv/rasa-tools · GitHub

post by poojasingh-code on Apr 21, 2021

hey yes this is happening if I am trying to run with enable endpoint command docker compose is giving me error…

post by poojasingh-code on Apr 21, 2021

Did you get the solution for this one?

post by niveK on Apr 21, 2021

it’s giving you that error because the parameters are all on one line. So instead of something like this:


command: run -m models --cors "*" --debug

Do this:


command:
  - run
  - -m
  - models
  - --cors
  - "*"
  - --debug

or this (whatever your preference):


command: ["run", "-m", "models", "--cors", "' *'", "--debug"]

post by poojasingh-code on Apr 21, 2021

it worked, thank you so much , thanks a lot

I have invested the whole day in figuring out and here you saved me before the days end, thanks once again

post by poojasingh-code on Apr 22, 2021

Hey! just one confusion… If I want to run run -m models --cors “*” --debug( responsible to enable apis) and rasa run -m models --endpoints endpoints.yml ( responsible for my mongo tracker) as per the rasa docs Tracker Stores

then how to write this because if I am adding --endpoints, my api is not getting enabled, but mongo is running fine and if I remove --endpoints, in that case mongo is not running...

    version: '3.0'
services:
  rasa:
    image: 'rasa/rasa:2.5.0-full'
    ports:
      - '5005:5005'
    volumes:
      - './:/app'
    command:
      - run
      - -m
      - models
      - --cors
      - "*"
      - --debug
      - --endpoints

action-server:
    image: 'rasa/rasa-sdk:2.5.0'
    volumes:
      - './actions:/app/actions'
    ports:
      - '5055:5055'

mongo:
    image: 'mongo'
    environment:
      MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_USERNAME: None
      MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_PASSWORD: None

mongo-express:  # this service is a MongoDB UI, and is optional
    image: 'mongo-express'
    ports:
      - '8081:8081'
    environment:
      ME_CONFIG_MONGODB_ADMINUSERNAME: None
      ME_CONFIG_MONGODB_ADMINPASSWORD: None

post by niveK on Apr 22, 2021

I think you’re just missing the endpoints.yml specification in the command, so it would be:


version: '3.0'
services:
  rasa:
    image: 'rasa/rasa:2.5.0-full'
    ports:
      - '5005:5005'
    volumes:
      - './:/app'
    command:
      - run
      - -m
      - models
      - --cors
      - " *"
      - --debug
      - --endpoints
      - endpoints.yml # this is the missing parameter

action-server:
    image: 'rasa/rasa-sdk:2.5.0'
    volumes:
      - './actions:/app/actions'
    ports:
      - '5055:5055'

mongo:
    image: 'mongo'
    environment:
      MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_USERNAME: None
      MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_PASSWORD: None