How to choose response based on flow - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum
How to choose response based on flow
post by Elliot94 on Sep 24, 2024
I would like to choose from the default utter_responses in the domain file, based on the current active flow. The use case is that I have a common slot between multiple flows, and I want to change the utter_ask_slot response based on the current active flow. If possible, I would like to do it without setting another slot as a sort of flag.
post by jtrasa on Sep 26, 2024
If I understand your question correctly, you have a couple of options:
- You can specify the utterance used in the collect step with the
utterparameter, see more information here. - You can specify a custom action to generate the collect step utterance. This allows fully dynamic prompting in collect steps. More on this option here.
post by Elliot94 on Sep 27, 2024
Thank you. I somehow overlooked this in the documentation. This answers my question perfectly.
post by pkchoudhary1211 on Sep 27, 2024
You can handle that by mapping responses to each flow directly. Just pull the right utterance based on the active flow instead of using a flag.
post by Elliot94 on Sep 27, 2024
Can you share the link for the appropriate section of the documentation, or an example?