How can I switch languages using Rasa Pro CALM - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
How can I switch languages using Rasa Pro CALM
post by palacio on Dec 5, 2024
I’m just getting to grips with rasa. I need to make something like a start message where I suggest choosing one of the two suggested languages for further bot responses. I saw in config.yml there is a language for llm, I understand it also needs to be changed. I also assume that for the language it will be necessary to create a slot in domain.yml and also validate it via actions. I hope for your understanding, I could not find this information in the documentation.
post by rpsjr on Feb 17, 2025
Up!
post by rpsjr on Feb 18, 2025
post by Richard396Thompson on Mar 25, 2025
hello! Same issue here and I can’t find any solutions.
post by fanou on Apr 16, 2025
The latest version of Rasa Pro v3.12 has added some multi-language features as follows:
- Multi-language support was implemented to enable the assistant to deliver localized responses and flow names that dynamically adjust to the user’s language preference. In particular:
- The default language is defined using the
languagekey inconfig.yml, while additional supported languages are specified underadditional_languages. - A
translationsection was introduced for responses to provide language-specific versions of the response text. - A
translationsection was added for flows to define localized flow names. - The rephraser prompt now accommodates the selected language.
- Validation mechanisms were implemented to ensure proper use of translations; the CLI command
rasa validate data translationsis available for verification. - A new slot type,
StrictCategoricalSlot, was developed to restrict its values to a predefined set. - A built-in
languageslot of theStrictCategoricalSlottype was added for managing translations effectively.
- The default language is defined using the
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Switch between languages(english and french) in Rasa Platform | 4 | 2.0k | May 2021 |
| How can i make multi language rasa chatbot having at least two languages? | 9 | 5.6k | Jan 2022 |
| Rasa multiple language support | 1 | 1.0k | May 2020 |
| How to create multilingual Rasa bot | 3 | 2.1k | Jan 2025 |
| Multilingual ChatBot | 13 | 3.1k | Mar 2023 |