Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant

A highly requested blogpost is here: integrating Rasa to Google Assistant and enabling it to handle more complex conversations. Check it out!

post by Juste on Sep 20, 2018

Hey @serdar,

  1. The bot (rasa-core) responds (send messages to google home app) with two answers e.g.
    • I see you’re authorized so I can make the action you asked for.
    • Please provide the time when you want to make an action.

But in reality google home pronounces just the first utterance and then listens… (seems like google app received the second utterance but hasn’t pronounced it because it was busy with saying the first utterance)

post by serdar on Feb 16, 2019

I followed the tutorial named “Going Beyond ‘Hey Google’: Building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant.” ( Going beyond ‘Hey Google’: building a Rasa-powered Google Assistant)

It is a great tutorial but when I implemented the code I had the error: Invocation Error: You cannot use standard Google Assistant features in the Simulator. If you want to try them, use Google Assistant on your phone or other compatible devices.

What could be the problem? Thank you very much.

post by Juste on Feb 17, 2019

Hey @serdar. To go around the issue, you will need to create a new user with viewer permissions and use that account to test your app. Check out this thread to see how to do it in detail and let us know if you are still facing this issue: Problem facing in integrating bot with Google assistant

post by vadvaith on Jul 12, 2019

Hello, I have created a Rasa bot and also a project on the google actions console. My custom action is getting deployed without any error but when I try to test it on Google Assistant on my phone, it says that my bot is ‘not responding right now’. Additionally, I also get a ‘page 404 not found’ error on my command prompt which is running ngrok. What could be the issue?

post by Juste on Jul 16, 2019

Hmm, that’s interesting. Can you share the actions.json configuration where you specify the ngrok url? Also, can you confirm that you have enabled the testing on the google actions console?

post by serdar on Jul 17, 2019

Did you make any changes to the connector that is provided in the tutorial?

post by vadvaith on Jul 19, 2019

No, it’s the same. What I meant was, do we have to create an input channel for google assistant? Like the channel we create if we have to integrate Rasa with Slack?

post by Juste on Jul 23, 2019

The input channel (a custom one) is provided with the tutorial files, it’s called ga_connector.py. It should be used automatically when you launch the assistant.

post by ice2tricky on Sep 12, 2019

Is there any solution for the original question? Because I’m facing the same issue, the google assistant just utters the first utterance and skips the rest.

post by Juste on Sep 16, 2019

HI @ice2tricky. I’ll have a look if there is a way to go around this problem. Probably some customizations are needed on Google Actions’ side.

post by sachin on Oct 21, 2019

I am also facing the same issue. I tried with both Rasa 1.0 and the latest one. On rasa getting the below error: sanic.exceptions.NotFound: Requested URL /webhooks/google_assistant/webhook not found

[2019-10-17 10:14:30 +0530] [20879] [ERROR] Exception occurred while handling uri: ‘ http://1aa199fe.ngrok.io/webhooks/google_assistant/webhook'