Frontend Widget Not Receiving Bot Responses - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
Frontend Widget Not Receiving Bot Responses
post by Sbuk09 on Feb 28, 2025
Hi Rasa Community,
I’m working on integrating a frontend widget with my Rasa bot using Socket.IO. While the connection between the frontend and Rasa seems to be working, I’m not receiving any responses from the bot. Here’s a breakdown of my setup and the issue:
What’s Working
- Rasa Server: Running with
rasa run --enable-api --cors "*". - Actions Server: Running with
rasa run actions. - Socket.IO Connection: The frontend widget successfully connects to the Rasa server (confirmed by
connectevent). - Frontend Widget: Using Rasa chat widget:
What’s Not Working:
- The bot is not responding to messages sent from the frontend widget.
- No
bot_utteredevents are received in the frontend.
Steps I’ve Taken:
- Configuration:
Updatedcredentials.ymlto enable Socket.IO:socketio: user_message_evt: user_uttered bot_message_evt: bot_uttered session_persistence: true
Verified endpoints.yml points to the correct actions server:
action_endpoint:
url: "[http://localhost:5055/webhook](http://localhost:5055/webhook)"
Frontend Code:
Using the Rasa chat widget script:Testing:
Tested the bot withrasa shelland confirmed it responds correctly. Checked Rasa logs for errors but found nothing unusual.
What I Need Help With:
- Why is the bot not sending responses (
bot_uttered) to the frontend widget? - Are there any common pitfalls or misconfigurations I might have missed?
Here are my Rasa version and dependencies:
- Rasa: 3.6.0
- Python: 3.9
- @rasahq/rasa-chat: Latest version
Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
post by stephens on Feb 28, 2025
stephensGreg Stephens
Advanced Rasa Certified Developer
Add --debug and see if confirm that the Rasa sees the message from the user.