Forms and slot validations in Rasa Pro - Rasa CALM - Rasa Community Forum
👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground
Forms and slot validations in Rasa Pro
post by Jyoti_Prakash_Behera on Apr 28, 2025
Hi,
I was using rasa community edition earlier and I was implementing forms. I had options to activate a loop until all valid data is filled in slots using rule.yml. Now I am using rasa pro, and do not have a nlu.yml, hence no custom intents. How can I collect valid data in slots in a active loop?
post by m_ashurkina on Apr 28, 2025
Thank you for your question. You can implement it in Rasa Pro as well. Just collect all missing information using slots via flows.
You can also add nlu.yml to your data along with flows and use intents, as flows can be triggered with intents as well. You can read more about implementing NLU here.
If you are using intents, you need to add NLUCommandAdapter to your pipeline before the LLM Command Generator. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
post by Jyoti_Prakash_Behera on Apr 28, 2025
I am trying to avoid nlu based training. How to again ask for slot value if the value fails the validation. In rasa form validate_
post by m_ashurkina on Apr 28, 2025
Hi @Jyoti_Prakash_Behera, Thanks for the clarification. You can validate slots directly in the flow. Here is a detailed guide on how to do it: Assistant Memory (Slots) | Rasa Documentation.
You can also suppress interruptions to create a loop to fill the slot by setting force_slot_filling: true, here is the guide: Business Logic with Flows
| Rasa Documentation
Hope this answers your question.