Docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa init won't work - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

👋 Introducing the Rasa Playground

Docker run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa init won’t work

post by CarlinAustin on Sep 8, 2019

Hello -

I’m trying to run rasa init within a docker container from this docs page:

https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/user-guide/running-rasa-with-docker/

Docker version 19.03.1, build 74b1e89

docker-compose version 1.24.1, build 4667896b

OSX 10.12.6

docker ps reporting Exited (132)

docker logs is completely empty.

Best guess is the container is core dumping:

Tried moving to an older (not latest) image:

run -v $(pwd):/app rasa/rasa:1.2.5 init --no-prompt

This one has an Exit (139) and shows:

F tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:37] The TensorFlow library was compiled to use AVX instructions, but these aren’t available on your machine.

Is the rasa docker image able to work on OSX??

Carl

post by CarlinAustin on Sep 8, 2019

I think I have my answer. Older macbook (2011) does not support AVX2 instruction set which tensorflow version is compiled to use.

Is there a way to tell rasa init to not use tensorflow?