Customer converse with multiple lines - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

Customer converse with multiple lines

post by lmb on Mar 16, 2021

Hi

I am building a chatbot for one of our client.

customer (bot users) generally converses with multiple lines (that is before bot get a chance to reply, customer keep asking for things):

e.g.

customer - I want to know xyz customer - please tell me this also customer - delivery duration is also important

How do I handle this?

post by souvikg10 on Mar 16, 2021

I don’t think there is a native connector for that in Rasa, you can use sockets and queue handling to react to this.

a very powerful distributed queue processor is celery but this means you would have to create the handler yourself.

A queue can pool in messages and adds a delay after which the tasks (individual user messages) can be processed and thus your handler awaits the results before pushing it back to the front-end in an asynchronous way. your front end must then add the concept of polling the endpoints to retrieve the results

This could help - Custom Connectors

But adding a queue of processing messages is tricky and of course complicated but that is indeed a very native handling of messages.

post by lmb on Mar 16, 2021

Yes Souvik. It helps!