Custom Actions are not working - Getting Started with Rasa / Tutorials, Resources & Videos - Rasa Community Forum

Custom Actions are not working

post by rishi454 on May 27, 2019

Encountered an exception while running action ‘action_listen’. The bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Make sure to fix the exception in your custom code.

post by Remy on May 27, 2019

Seems like your actions.py code is wrong. You should troubleshoot your code.

post by rishi454 on May 27, 2019

Thanks you Remy. can you give me one example to connect API through custom actions.

post by Remy on May 27, 2019

I honestly have no idea. This is a different issue though. Did you search the forums for API and custom actions?
edit: Customize action code HTTP API this could solve your issue?

post by rishi454 on May 27, 2019

thanks @Remy i will chech it.

post by akelad on May 28, 2019

I assume you’ve listed action_listen in your actions in the domain.yml? If yes, remove it and it should work.

post by Remy on May 29, 2019

Does having action_listen in your domain.yml mess things up? Good to know

post by akelad on May 29, 2019

Yeah if you add it I think rasa expects a custom implementation of it

post by rishi454 on May 29, 2019

yes. I have removed the action_listen but when I have to call API then it is not working. can you give me the examples relevant to API call.