Building an app on google cloud - Rasa Open Source - Rasa Community Forum
post by vijmeister on Nov 18, 2020
Hey everyone,
I would like to build a Rasa app on GCP.
Most of the examples that I have seen online use docker but I am wondering if there is a better way to do it with just a VM? Is there a very good example?
Also, has anyone got it to work with Rasa 2.0? Most of the code that I am seeing are for versions that are older than a year ago.
Thanks!
post by erohmensing on Nov 19, 2020
Hi @vijmeister! If you’re using GCP, you should be able to use the server quick-install as it’s the easiest method!
post by vijmeister on Nov 19, 2020
Thanks, Ella!
I have tried the quick install command in my gcp shell and see the following error:
curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com \
| sudo bash
The connection to the server localhost:8080 was refused - did you specify the right host or port? Installing embedded Kubernetes cluster …
[ERROR] Can not find systemd or openrc to use as a process supervisor for k3s
Do you have any thoughts in regards to this? Thanks!
post by erohmensing on Nov 20, 2020
Hm, did you make sure to open up access to your gcp instance? should look like this:
post by vijmeister on Nov 20, 2020
Ah, it works now! Thank you. However, it gets stuck on the Deploying Rasa Instance step - is there something else that needs to be done?
post by erohmensing on Nov 20, 2020
What do you mean by it gets stuck?
post by vijmeister on Nov 20, 2020
It just stays at the deploying step and the slash sign keeps spinning.
post by vijmeister on Nov 22, 2020
Hi Ella, I figured it out - my instance did not have the recommended configuration. This video helped me fix it: Installing Rasa X: Windows 10 (64 bit) and Google Cloud Platform - YouTube
Vijay
post by erohmensing on Nov 23, 2020
Ah awesome, glad you got it figured out!
post by vijmeister on Nov 24, 2020
Thanks, Ella.
I was also wondering if I want to set up terminals for multiple users, would I need to use rasa core with a VM cluster instead of rasa x? If so, do you have a recommended type of container (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)?
post by erohmensing on Nov 25, 2020
What do you mean by terminals for multiple users?
post by vijmeister on Nov 25, 2020
Instead of using a UI to interact with the assistant, the user could use a shell.